Thetford Town move into second spot
- Credit: Steve Adams
Thetford Town have moved into second spot in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division after a comprehensive away win.
The Brecklanders were 3-0 winners at Hadleigh United, their goals coming from Ross Bailey, Jordan Attree and Sam Bond.
It leaves Danny White's team just two points behind leaders Mildenhall, who won by the same scoreline at Brantham Athletic.
Gorleston, who didn't play at the weekend, are down to third, with their local rivals Great Yarmouth Town in sixth spot after a 3-1 win at Godmanchester Rovers.
The Bloaters avenged their opening day 2-0 defeat in the FA Cup, taking a half-time lead through Chris Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Yarmouth added a second on 57 minutes with a cracker from Sean Perfect before the hosts pulled one back with a scrappy goal on 65 minutes.
But Sam Applegate extended Yarmouth's lead with 70 minutes on the clock with one of the goals of the season from a full 30 yards to make it six league games unbeaten.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash
- 5 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 6 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 7 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 8 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
The big scorers of the day were Kirkley & Pakefield, who smashed 10 without reply past hapless FC Clacton, who have now lost all nine of their league games this season.
Ross King led the way with five goals, with Lee grabbing a brace and one each for Richard Woodrow, Miguel Lopez and Cameron Brooks
Fakenham went down 2-0 at Ipswich Wanderers while Swaffham Town suffered a 4-2 home defeat against Long Melford. That's 10 goals leaked in two league games for the Pedlars, although their preparations on Saturday were disrupted by delays on the A47. Nick Castellan and Ben Champion scored their goals.
In the First Division, Wisbech St Mary were 1-0 home winners over Whitton United, while King's Lynn Town Reserves were 3-0 winners at Braintree Town Reserves. March Town United drew 2-2 at home to Needham Market Reserves and Downham Town went down 3-0 at AFC Sudbury Reserves.
Wisbech Town failed to bounce back from their midweek FA Vase exit, going down 4-1 at Harborough Town in the United Counties League Premier Division.
The Fenmen were 2-0 down when they got on the scoresheet early in the second half through Harry Limb.