Thetford Town finally secure their first home victory of the season
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
Supporters of Thetford Town finally witnessed the club's first home victory of the season on Saturday.
The Brecklanders had not won at Mundford Road since March last year and that was the club's only home win in almost 15 months.
That dreadful record had built up despite three wins away from home in the Thurlow Nunn Premier this term.
But on Saturday Mark Scott's side finally got the home victory they had been striving for, beating mid-table Stanway Rovers 2-1.
Thetford took the lead in the 38th minute through midfielder Bruno Tavares but didn't secure the win until the 86th minute, when Sam Bryant secured all three points.
You may also want to watch:
A late goal from Michael Brothers made for a nervy finish but Thetford hung on for a hard-earned victory.
It means they have won two, drawn two and lost two since winning 2-0 at local rivals Diss Town on December 14, to stabilise themselves in 16th place in the league.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 10 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
On Saturday Scott's side face a tough task though, travelling to third-placed Haverhill Rovers.