Thetford Town finally secure their first home victory of the season
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
Supporters of Thetford Town finally witnessed the club's first home victory of the season on Saturday.
The Brecklanders had not won at Mundford Road since March last year and that was the club's only home win in almost 15 months.
That dreadful record had built up despite three wins away from home in the Thurlow Nunn Premier this term.
But on Saturday Mark Scott's side finally got the home victory they had been striving for, beating mid-table Stanway Rovers 2-1.
Thetford took the lead in the 38th minute through midfielder Bruno Tavares but didn't secure the win until the 86th minute, when Sam Bryant secured all three points.
You may also want to watch:
A late goal from Michael Brothers made for a nervy finish but Thetford hung on for a hard-earned victory.
It means they have won two, drawn two and lost two since winning 2-0 at local rivals Diss Town on December 14, to stabilise themselves in 16th place in the league.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
On Saturday Scott's side face a tough task though, travelling to third-placed Haverhill Rovers.