Thetford Town boss takes positives from Felixstowe defeat
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Thetford Town's four-match unbeaten league run may have come to an end but manager Mark Scott is still feeling positive about his team's prospects.
Felixstowe & Walton United left Mundford Road with a 3-1 victory on Saturday, leaving the Brecklanders in 14th place in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Scott was disappointed with his team's performance but remains hopeful of finishing in a decent position in the table.
'We've built the squad up so that there are players who can come back in and make a difference,' the Thetford boss said.
'Ben Anderson, a young lad who played so well against Norwich City that he went over there and played on trial, he's been out injured, he's back and will hopefully be training again, so he's back and there's one or two others who will hopefully step back in.
You may also want to watch:
'So it's not all doom and gloom and there's a lot of positives and a lot going forward. I'm just disappointed with our first 45 minutes, I was disappointed with the attitude of some of the players.'
A trip to Walsham-le-Willows awaits on Saturday, who have won their last three matches and are just two points ahead of Thetford in the table.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 3 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
'We went over there and won 2-0 at their place last year so I'm confident that we've got the players, we've got the ability here,' Scott added.