Thetford look to give home fans a rare treat
Thetford Town will be looking to end the year on a high – by claiming their first home league win of the campaign.
Mark Scott's men have taken four points from their last two games against a pair of fellow strugglers – winning at derby rivals Diss and drawing 4-4 at home to FC Clacton.
This afternoon they face Newmarket Town and will be hoping to double their current home points tally of just three.
Thetford have won only two league games at home this calendar year – the last was back in March, when they beat FC Clacton.
Norwich United have a chance to make up games in hand on the leaders when they face Mildenhall Town at Plantation Park.
You may also want to watch:
The Planters are eighth, 22 points behind Hadleigh, who look like they are running away at the top, but a home win would strengthen their claims for one of the minor placings.
Kirkley & Pakefield are back in action again, two days after the Boxing Day defeat at Gorleston, when they entertain Felixstowe & Walton Utd.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
The First Division match of the day is at Clipbush Park, where Wayne Anderson's Fakenham Town entertain Great Yarmouth Town.