Thetford look to give home fans a rare treat
Thetford Town will be looking to end the year on a high – by claiming their first home league win of the campaign.
Mark Scott's men have taken four points from their last two games against a pair of fellow strugglers – winning at derby rivals Diss and drawing 4-4 at home to FC Clacton.
This afternoon they face Newmarket Town and will be hoping to double their current home points tally of just three.
Thetford have won only two league games at home this calendar year – the last was back in March, when they beat FC Clacton.
Norwich United have a chance to make up games in hand on the leaders when they face Mildenhall Town at Plantation Park.
The Planters are eighth, 22 points behind Hadleigh, who look like they are running away at the top, but a home win would strengthen their claims for one of the minor placings.
Kirkley & Pakefield are back in action again, two days after the Boxing Day defeat at Gorleston, when they entertain Felixstowe & Walton Utd.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 6 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 7 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 8 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 9 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 10 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
The First Division match of the day is at Clipbush Park, where Wayne Anderson's Fakenham Town entertain Great Yarmouth Town.