Ten reasons to support runaway Elite League leaders King’s Lynn Stars
- Credit: IAN BURT
Runaway Elite League leaders King's Lynn Stars are at home this evening to Wolverhampton. So here's 10 reasons why you should get down to the Norfolk Arena and sample the record-breaking side in action.
1. Some people are never lucky enough to witness greatness. But current Lynn fans can't say the same. Their beloved side have won 12 meetings in a row – a club record.
2. The history-making Stars aren't just top of any league. They're at the summit of the sport's top-flight in this country. So they are currently the best of the best that the UK has to offer.
You may also want to watch:
3. The brave riders who will entertain you tonight are a different breed to most. They race bikes that have no brakes and go from 0-70mph in three seconds.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Man and woman found dead in home
- 5 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 6 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 7 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 8 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 9 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 10 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
4. Team boss Rob Lyon is a former Great Britain manager. Yet you'll find him in the bar after the fixture talking to fans. Can you imagine Roy Hodgson doing that? Didn't think so.
5. People like to see 'local' lads doing well. So why not come and cheer on Robert Lambert, Lewis Kerr and Lewis Rose. They're homegrown talents.
6. Want to have a beer while you watch live sport? Want to move about to sample the action from different angles? Feel free to do so at the Saddlebow Road stadium.
7. Niels-Kristian Iversen, Lynn's star performer, is world number three. This evening he comes up against world champion Tai Woffinden.
8. There will be 15 seperate races of four laps, lasting roughly 60 seconds a time. Four men ride and overtake each other plenty of times from when the tapes come up until the flag comes down. It's literally thrill-a-minute stuff.
9. Footballers are accused of being overpaid and not caring. Well speedway riders do. Because they are paid by the point they score, so every extra one they achieve is precious.
10. The smell, the noise and the excitement cannot be described unless you experience it for yourself. So what are you waiting for?