Team Banger Championship promises thrilling finale to season
Mildenhall's season is set to close in style on Sunday with the venue's National Banger Team Championship bringing together top drivers and teams.
Over 20 teams and around 100 drivers are expected to be in action, including several leading racers.
Defending the title are Team Green who are gunning for a third consecutive win at this event. They have only entered one team this year but it is a quality one with British champion John Cobbold joined by brother Jason, Winter Series champion Paul Sparrow and Perry Willings. While starting as big favourites, they are not the only title holders involved as Kent champions the Dover Boys have two teams booked – albeit under the names Dover Girls and Dover Sissies.
Continuing the theme of current champions, Norfolk N Good won both the unlimited EA titles at Mildenhall in April and the 2Litre Banger team championship at King's Lynn in August. They too have a strong side headed by former World Champion Dean Mayes (730) and National Champion Daniel Lathan (328) who are also among the top names at Mildenhall in 2012.
For the 11 to 16 year old stars of the future there is the second round of the Ministox Winter Series and the final round of the RDC Drivers and Track Championships.
You may also want to watch:
Admission is �12 for adults and �6 for concessions (U14s and OAPs). Family tickets admit any two adults and any four concessions for just �30. The first race is at 1.30pm.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder