Taylor-made Norfolk win
Norfolk Under-14s skipper Matthew Taylor led the way as his team made a winning start against Hertfordshire in the ECB County Cup on Sunday.
Taylor scored 60 as the Norfolk side, sponsored by Eastern Voice & Data, posted a total of 203 for nine from 45 overs, with Callum Taylor adding 44.
Herts were then restricted to 189 for nine in reply, Matthew Taylor taking four for 42 from 11 overs and Callum Taylor claiming three for 28 from 10 overs.
Norfolk U11s took part in two warm-up games against fellow county age group sides at Ketteringham Hall.
The U11s, sponsored by the Barry Boswell Fund, took on Norfolk U12s in the first match, with the U12s posting 165 for five before the U11s replied with 117 for eight.
You may also want to watch:
The following match, last Sunday, was against Norfolk U10s and Will Pierson hit 77no in the U11s' total of 168 for six. The U10s were then bowled out for 49 to hand the U11s a 119-run victory.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls