Swardeston eye path to ECB National Club Twenty20
The road to La Manga starts in Bury St Edmunds for Swardeston this Sunday in the EAPL Twenty20 finals day.
Mark Thomas' side emerged triumphant from the Norfolk group after a scintillating 18-run win over Vauxhall Mallards on Wednesday which featured centuries from Swardeston's Stephen Gray and Mallards' Ali Shearer.
They now face Bury and Sudbury in a round robin on Sunday. The winners progress to the ECB National Club Twenty20, with an area semi-final in August.
The national finals day takes place at Test match venue Edgbaston on Thursday, September 6 and the national champions will receive a trip to La Manga, together with the winners of the National Club Championship. There, they will play in a 20 over competition featuring European sides and a Lord's Taverners Celebrity side.
Also on Sunday, the Carter Cup quarter-finals between Great Witchingham and Norwich and North Runcton and Sprowston will be held. The remaining ties, between Swardeston and Vauxhall Mallards and Garboldisham and Mattishall, will take place on Sunday, July 8.
You may also want to watch:
The outstanding NACO Cup quarter-final between Saham Toney and North Runcton will be on Sunday, July 15.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 6 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 9 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 10 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village