Swardeston and Mallards set for fourth meeting
Swardeston, Vauxhall Mallards, Garboldisham and Mattishall will attempt to join Sprowston and Norwich in the semi-finals of the Carter Cup this Sunday.
Following last Saturday's league clash, Swardeston and Mallards meet for the second weekend running, this time at The Common. Swardeston currently hold the upper hand in the battle of Norfolk's premier clubs, having won the league match at Brundall to follow up their EAPL Twenty20 victory last week, although Mallards won the ECB National Club Championship showdown earlier in the season.
A side from below the Alliance Premier Division is guaranteed to be in the last four, as Division One high fliers Mattishall travel to Division Three leaders Garboldisham.
In last weekend's ties, Norwich showed they have lost none of their top flight quality by knocking EAPL side Great Witchingham out of the competition.
Ashley Watson hammered 117no in Norwich's 254 for seven, before Witchingham were bowled out for 185 in the 55th over, skipper James Spelman top scoring with 49.
Sprowston romped to a nine-wicket win at North Runcton, with the tie completed by 2.30pm.
Runcton chose to bat first but were skittled out for just 68, with Andy Hanby (three for 19), Simon Chipperfield (three for 11) and Rob Purton (two for 14) doing the damage.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 9 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 10 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
Danny Palmer (28no) guided Sprowston to victory in the 18th over.