Swaffham aiming to round off triumphant season with Norfolk Junior Cup win
A year after winning 18-0 at Crusaders to lift the Norfolk Junior Cup for the first time Swaffham are hoping for a reprise on Sunday.
They again face Crusaders in the final, but this time the game takes place at North Pickenham Road (3pm) – and Swaffham will be bidding to complete a double after comprehensively lifting the Eastern Counties Two championship.
Again Swaffham will be underdogs as Crusaders finished mid-table in Eastern Counties One. But that's reckoning without comparisons across the RFU pyramid made by joint coach John Blenharn.
'John went through every RFU league and found that our home record was the second best in the whole of the league structure,' said club chairman Ian Milligan, who is also the other first team coach. 'We won every game with a bonus point and conceded only 36 home points all season. The only team to better that was down in Dorset/Wiltshire 3, where there was a team who were beating teams by three figures.'
There is another cup final tomorrow afternoon with Diss II hosting Beccles II in the final of the Norfolk Plate.
You may also want to watch:
The long awaited Norfolk Woodfordes Cup semi-final between old rivals Norwich and Diss has been conceded by Norwich due to a lack of available front row players.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 4 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 10 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak