Swaffham 17 West Norfolk 59
Promoted Swaffham's proud unbeaten 18-month home record was ended by their fierce rivals.
In the first-ever competitive senior league game between the two clubs, it was the visitors who breezed to victory. West were 22-5 up at the break and powered to a comfortable win by scoring 35 more points after the interval.
Jake Richardson (2), Mike Skinner, Monty Maule, Jamie Williamson, Max Rust, Ross Biggs and Brad Cook crashed over for the victors. Joe Butt and Maule (six conversions, one pen) kicked the other points.
Boss Nigel Richardson said: 'There's a big difference between the two leagues. Swaffham could not handle our pace and speed of play.
'But they're a a big-well organised pack. I'm sure they will improve and do okay against similar teams in the league.'
You may also want to watch:
Marc Lockwood, Ryan Bigland and Paddy Callaby scored tries for the hosts. Tom Murray kicked a conversion.
Assistant coach Ian Milligan admitted it had been a 'tough day' and West played 'very well'.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
Also in Division One Southwold beat visitors Broadland-Great Yarmouth 15-9 while in Division Two Fakenham were unable to mark their return to the league set-up with a win, losing 31-7 at home to Thetford.