Support teams set to boost fun for Norfolk’s British Superbikes fans
They are the appetisers for the main events at this weekend's British Superbikes at Snetterton – but also key to the fans' enjoyment. Here is our guide to the support races…
• Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship
Ben Wilson and Gearlink Kawasaki lead the way in the title chase, but Alastair Seeley came close to defeating his rival at the previous round at Knockhill. The first race takes place on Saturday with the feature race on Sunday.
• Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship
You may also want to watch:
Norwich's Matt Layt upholds local honour in this class for the Formwise Racing team. But GB Moto's Tristan Palmer edged ahead of young gun Danny Buchan last time out at Knockhill, but he'll be pulling out the stops to retake the lead in the standings at the MSS Colchester Kawasaki's home round. Buildbase BMW's Richard Cooper has proved he is more than capable of victory, while Isle of Man TT legend John McGuinness will look to add a win here to his list of historic firsts.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 4 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 5 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 6 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 10 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
• Metzeler National Superstock 600 Championship
Norwich rider Jake Newstead will surely have plenty of home support, as will Alex Barkshire, in this championship designed to identify new riding talent and provide a progression route to higher classes of racing for riders aged 16-25. Keith Farmer has recently had an impressive run of form and his rivals will be determined to bring that too an end including Deane Brown and Connor Behan.
• Sunoco British 12GP Championship
Rob Guiver leads the overall standings after Knockhill by just 10 points from Kyle Ryde, who became the youngest rider to win a race last time out at just 13 years and 11 months old. This class is for riders of the future, with stars including MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner launched from here on to the world stage.
• Harley Davidson XR1200 Trophy
The Harley-Davidson XR1200 Trophy was introduced for the first time at British Superbike Championship rounds last season, with former MotoGP rider Jeremy McWilliams winning the inaugural title. Blade Motorsport's James Westmoreland Webb heads the standings by just three points from Peter Ward and Dijon Compton.
• Triumph Triple Challenge
Four points separate Luke Jones and Peter Ward in the title fight, but former British Supersport rider Ashley Beech took his first win of the season last time out at Silverstone.