Success for Norfolk time trialists
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk time trialists Daniel Bloy, Dave Green and Ben Keeley travelled to Oxfordshire to attend Champions Night of governing body Cycling Time Trials.
Their VeloVelocity team topped the 2016 Best British All-Rounder (BBAR) team competition as well as establishing a new national team competition record at 12 hours of 851.79 miles in the CC Breckland event.
Bloy took fifth place in the BBAR, one place ahead of Thetford rider Dave Green.
Asked what he had most enjoyed during the season-long competition Bloy said 'finishing the 12 hour' – after covering 286 miles.
Competition between VeloVelocity members Andrew Leggett and Ben Keeley for the third spot in the team was not resolved until September when Keeley, from Watlington, travelled to Yorkshire to achieve a 1-49:08 '50' which secured the BBAR team win and Keeley's spot at 20th in the individual standings.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp