Strihavka agrees four-year deal
Czech striker David Strihavka was today unveiled as a Norwich City player after signing a four-year deal with the club. Strihavka was the leading scorer in the Czech top flight last season with 13 goals in 28 games for Banik Ostrava.
Czech striker David Strihavka was today unveiled as a Norwich City player after signing a four-year deal with the club.
Strihavka was the leading scorer in the Czech top flight last season with 13 goals in 28 games for Banik Ostrava. It was a record that attracted City's attention earlier this year and the management team had him watched several times.
The 24-year-old, who arrives for an undisclosed fee, is Peter Grant's sixth signing of the close season so far, joining full-back Jon Otsemobor, goalkeeper Matthew Gilks, striker Jamie Cureton, midfielder Julien Brellier and goalkeeper David Marshall.
Manager Peter Grant said he had watched Strihavka in action against Sparta Prague last season, when he scored.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We thought with his quality we weren't going to be able to get him because we thought there were a few Premiership clubs looking at him and top clubs in the Czech Republic, and I can understand why.
“He's getting touted as an international player very quickly - right now they're talking about him coming into the squad.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 5 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 9 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 10 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
“I think the players can see, from the short period of time he trained this morning, the qualities he has.”
Strihavka said he was very pleased to join Norwich.
“Of course. It's a nice city, a nice training centre and I will enjoy starting the season.”
t David Strihavka, born March 4, 1983. (24)
t Birthplace: Prague, Czech Republic
t Height: 6ft 3in (1.91m)
t Former clubs: Bohemians Prague, Sparta (two spells), FK Jablonec, Chmel Blsany, Banik Ostrava
t Czech U16 and U19 international
t Topped the 2007 Czech first division scoring charts with 13 goals in 28 appearances