Stoneleigh places on offer at Trailblazers Showjumping Regional Finals
The sun was out for the Trailblazers Showjumping Regional Finals at Lime Kiln Farm on Sunday and competition was fierce with Stoneleigh places on offer.
Freya Russell and Ardenteggle Caesar were the first victors of the day, winning the 12 and under regional just 0.5 seconds ahead of Charlotte Rose-Eyre on CB Sam, with Heavenli Hewitt and Oakfield Autumn Gleam in third. Ethan Milner-Moore made his journey from Copdock worthwhile by taking the fourth qualifying spot with his pony Over There.
With just one second separating the top three, fortunes were reversed in the 65cm open pony regional, with Charlotte winning and Freya in second place, with Heavenli again taking third. Local rider Ellen Holden on Attmere Pride were fourth, also booking their trip to Stoneleigh.
Lizzy Gray on Chippy were winners of the 75cm Open, ahead of Jackie Thompson and her Connemara RT.
Heavenli Hewitt and Oakfield Autumn Gleam finally got their moment of glory, by winning the 75cm Regional.
You may also want to watch:
Tasarla Lagan and Suzuki were convincing winners of the 85cm Open while the 85cm Regional was won by Saffron Baker and Snapshot II.
The final class of the day was the 95cm Open, again won by Tasarla and Suzuki, ahead of Andrew and Balou. The next Trailblazers showjumping takes place on May 19 with first round qualifiers for the 2013/2014 series.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival