Steve gets his sums right to take three-day winnings on Yare
- Credit: Archant
A spectacular festival week on Norfolk fisheries included a three-day midweek marathon staged on the tidal River Yare, won by Saffron Walden's Steve Clark.
The Matrix Image angler headed day one with a splendid bream net of 41lb 13oz from peg 63. He was third on day two with 21lb 4oz and completed his winning aggregate of 77lb 3oz with 13lb 2oz on day three.
The 63-year-old financial adviser, who pocketed £500 prize cash, said: 'I love this river and this is my best ever performance here.'
Runner-up was Bob Nudd (Browning) with 70lb 12 oz, then Mac Godfrey (Guru), 67lb 15oz.
Another River Yare event to celebrate during National Fishing Month was the Angling Trust RiverFest qualifier. The three zone winners with roach nets going through to the final were Colin Taylor (Norwich) 15lb 4oz from peg 126, Sam Merry (Leicester) 12lb 12oz from 94 and Richard Tomala (Drennan) 12lb 6oz from 125.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 2 Injured man found on Norfolk beach could be linked to woman's death
- 3 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 4 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 5 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 6 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 7 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 8 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 9 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 10 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm