Steve gets his sums right to take three-day winnings on Yare
- Credit: Archant
A spectacular festival week on Norfolk fisheries included a three-day midweek marathon staged on the tidal River Yare, won by Saffron Walden's Steve Clark.
The Matrix Image angler headed day one with a splendid bream net of 41lb 13oz from peg 63. He was third on day two with 21lb 4oz and completed his winning aggregate of 77lb 3oz with 13lb 2oz on day three.
The 63-year-old financial adviser, who pocketed £500 prize cash, said: 'I love this river and this is my best ever performance here.'
Runner-up was Bob Nudd (Browning) with 70lb 12 oz, then Mac Godfrey (Guru), 67lb 15oz.
Another River Yare event to celebrate during National Fishing Month was the Angling Trust RiverFest qualifier. The three zone winners with roach nets going through to the final were Colin Taylor (Norwich) 15lb 4oz from peg 126, Sam Merry (Leicester) 12lb 12oz from 94 and Richard Tomala (Drennan) 12lb 6oz from 125.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 5 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 6 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 7 Norfolk hotel set to launch five romantic orchard cabins next year
- 8 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
- 9 NCFC LIVE: Missed chance for City against 10-man Newcastle
- 10 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk