Stead ruled out of King’s Lynn trip
Swindon's Team GB ace Simon Stead has been ruled out of tonight's Elite League clash at King's Lynn after failing a fitness test. (7.45pm)
Stead has yet to recover from rib and shoulder damage suffered in Poland last month that also forced him to miss the heavy Elite League defeat at Belle Vue on Monday.
Scott Nicholls returns after also missing out at Kirkmanshulme Lane when he was caught in traffic. The Robins will use rider replacement for Stead's absence and track Jason Lyons for Grzegorz Zengota (broken thigh).
'Simon arrived at Belle Vue on Monday thinking he would be able to race but he is in too much discomfort and we made an earlier decision for the King's Lynn meeting,' confirmed Robins' co-owner Gary Patchett. 'It's been a hugely difficult start to the season to say the least and we can't wait for the moment when we have a full seven-man team.
'We will do our very best at King's Lynn tonight which is always a tough place to go, I know that from my season in the Premier League with Birmingham.'
You may also want to watch:
Parade 7.30pm, first race 7.45pm.
• Admission prices: Adults �15, concessions �12, junior (aged 12 to 15 years) �5 with free entry for children aged 11 and under. Gates open 6.30pm; Parade 7.30pm; first race 7.45pm.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
• Stars: K Bjerre, Topinka, Allen, Korneliussen, Iversen, L Bjerre, Sitera.
• Robins: Nicholls, Lyons, Chrzanowski, Janowski, Stead R/R, Sedgmen, Grajczonek.