Stars of the Norfolk bowls scene enjoy their moment
- Credit: Roger Holden
John Ottaway, Norfolk Bowling Club and Wootton Park claimed the top plaudits when the Hansells-sponsored Norfolk Bowls Association honoured their champions.
Last year Ottaway was helping to give out some of the 30 trophies and awards in his role as men's county president.
This time he was collecting the Sir Henry N Holmes Trophy after winning the Norfolk singles title for the ninth time, giving him the unique honour of having been crowned champion in four different decades.
He also skipped Wymondham Dell's triples champions.
Norfolk Bowling Club won the Hansells Norfolk League for a fourth successive season and also provided the pairs and under-25 singles winners – all of the triumphs featuring John Tufts.
Unlike those multiple champions, Wootton Park, from King's Lynn, were celebrating their first ever success in the Bales Cup – the FA Cup of Norfolk bowls, dating back to the 1930s.
Brian Taylor, who steered Norfolk to success in the Eastern Counties League during his year as men's county president, shared the presentations at the Holiday Inn in Norwich with Roger Holden, managing partner of Hansells Solicitors and Financial Services.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 10 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
The president took the opportunity to praise the part Hansells have played in the on-going success of the association during their 12 years of sponsorship, saying: 'They've been wonderful for bowls in this county. We are greatly indebted to them for everything they've done.'
Ottaway added: 'Hansells have been brilliant.
'We would have had difficulty running the association as we do without them
'Their input over so many years has done so much to keep the costs down, not only for the county itself but the clubs as well.'
Holden responded: 'They've been an absolute pleasure to be with and it's always enjoyable every year to help celebrate with all the winners in one place.
'It's the 12th year Hansells have sponsored the bowls.
'It's important to support the community where you live and work and we have had an enormous amount of enjoyment from sponsoring the bowls.'