Stars boss leaves after dismal run continues
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn have confirmed manager Peter Schroeck has stood down from his role by mutual consent.
Following the latest home defeat by Ipswich on Monday, club owner Keith Chapman and Schroeck agreed it was best to go in a different direction.
Said Chapman: “I don’t like difficult conversations, particularly with people I have a lot of time for, but we felt the time was right to move in a different direction.
“Some of the riders also need to take a long look at themselves because they haven’t delivered for whatever reason.
“Once again I must emphasise how much we appreciate the loyal support of the fans and sponsors at such a tough time for the club.”
Schroeck himself added: “My respect for Buster (Chapman) will always be there, I’m just sad and disappointed it has come to this.
“As a manager in speedway you can only work with the tools you are given and some of the riders just haven’t been good enough.
- 1 Country house with three flats, treehouse and pool up for sale
- 2 Norfolk woman dies after being stung by wasp in Spain
- 3 Tributes to "highly-valued" technician who died at Norfolk DAF dealership
- 4 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 5 'London girl' transforms her Norfolk home into the ultimate retreat
- 6 Dinosaur spotted at Beccles Lido as part of Jurassic World film campaign
- 7 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 8 Soap star ditches city life for rural Norfolk
- 9 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 10 Three fire crews called to blaze in Norfolk village
“Whoever they turn to for the managerial role going forward I’d like to wish them well and hope they can get a tune out of this team.
“King’s Lynn is a great club and I’ll still be coming along with young Sam Hagon and I am also good friends with my fellow countryman Erik Riss.”
The Minors and Brady Stars will have an interim manager in place for their trip to Sheffield next Thursday before returning to the Adrian Flux Arena on Thursday, July 22 against Belle Vue.