Stanley is sharpest at Overa Farm
A highly competitive spirit was in evidence at the showjumping run by Thetford Chase PC at Overa Farm, together with a very friendly atmosphere.
Amber Lawrence on Stanley won the 50cm class, while Rebecca Allen and Ginger took the 60cm Open just ahead of Georgia Watson on Drumatee Charlie.
In the 75cm class jump-off, Rebecca Allen laid down the challenge with a good clear in 25.28 seconds. Lizzie Marsh and Grey Day jumped a superb round in 23.99 seconds to take the lead, which they held until Millie Gray on Jack the Lad, the final competitor to go, completed in 23.28 seconds.
The 85cm course saw a number of Pony Club riders using it as a warm-up class ahead of the Dengie qualifier. Five competitors went forward to the jump-off and Charlotte Rose Eyre set the standard with a fast clear on her first ride Golden Winds. Molly Lenton and Cardewlees Gemini Gem were quicker but had a fence down, and Charlotte later rode the winning round on It's Logic, finishing in first and second place.
In the Dengie SJ Winter League Preliminary competition, there were plenty of clear first rounds with riders keen to qualify for the Area Final next March. The top four, who were awarded their qualifying tickets for the Area Final were: Molly Lenton and Sportsfield Sea Flower (East Essex Hunt), India Griffin Jenkins on Cammarch Hellfire (Thetford Chase), India Bussey with Westside Menlough (South Norfolk), and India Bussey and Spirit E Lucjan (South Norfolk).
You may also want to watch:
The 1m Open, was won by India Bussey and Westside Menlough.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns