Standards are high at big Costessey Park competition
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Two trophies were on offer in a big event at Costessey Park last week, with the excellent weather matched by the standard of the golf.
Home player Sue Fage won the Costessey Cup with 41 points from Carol Davidson of The Links (40) and Monica Dorrington at Eaton (37).
The Jerningham's Trophy was won by Kari Joyce of Eaton with 39 points followed by Lorraine Gore of Middleton Hall on 33.
Meanwhile Bungay & Waveney Valley ladies' captain Jo Moore held her charity day which raised £1,500 for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
On a warm sunny day, 94 players from 22 different clubs played in teams of four, with the winning team of D. Pottinger, J. Percival, K.Finn and G.Willis (Bungay, Hadley Wood and Porters Park) coming in with a score of 91 points.
You may also want to watch:
The Diss quartet of M. Haines, H. Lawson, S. Mendham, V. Mendham finished runners-up on 87 points.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 6 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 7 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 8 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 9 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street