Standards are high at big Costessey Park competition
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Two trophies were on offer in a big event at Costessey Park last week, with the excellent weather matched by the standard of the golf.
Home player Sue Fage won the Costessey Cup with 41 points from Carol Davidson of The Links (40) and Monica Dorrington at Eaton (37).
The Jerningham's Trophy was won by Kari Joyce of Eaton with 39 points followed by Lorraine Gore of Middleton Hall on 33.
Meanwhile Bungay & Waveney Valley ladies' captain Jo Moore held her charity day which raised £1,500 for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
On a warm sunny day, 94 players from 22 different clubs played in teams of four, with the winning team of D. Pottinger, J. Percival, K.Finn and G.Willis (Bungay, Hadley Wood and Porters Park) coming in with a score of 91 points.
You may also want to watch:
The Diss quartet of M. Haines, H. Lawson, S. Mendham, V. Mendham finished runners-up on 87 points.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise