St Andrews 0 Wisbech Town 3: Fenmen march on under Setchell
- Credit: Archant
Gary Setchell is still yet to taste defeat as Wisbech Town manager as his team won 3-0 away at Leicester side St Andrews.
The unbeaten run stretches back 10 matches to Setchell's first game in charge against the same opponents and a repeat of the 4-0 win at the Elgoods Fenland Stadium looked on the cards as the Fenmen went two goals up inside 25 minutes.
Billy Smith was successful from the penalty spot in the 17th minute after Alex Beck was clattered by a defender. Six minutes later, Beck got on the scoresheet himself after good work from Michael Frew.
With 15 minutes remaining, Matthew Baird missed a glorious chance to get St Andrews back into the game, but he missed the target when it looked easier to score.
The hosts were reduced to 10 men with seven minutes remaining, a second booking for Lewis Turland after he hacked down Luke Wilson.
You may also want to watch:
Seconds into stoppage time, Frew latched onto a monster kick from Paul Bastock to confirm all three points.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 10 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail