Sprowston win Mid Norfolk Sunday League Challenge Cup
Sprowston claimed their second silverware of the season as they won the Mid Norfolk Sunday League Challenge Cup final on Bank Holiday Monday.
The Norfolk Twenty20 champions and Carter Cup runners-up recorded a comfortable five-wicket win on their home ground against Anglians, who are also based at Sprowston.
Sprowston skipper Will Hampson won the toss and chose to field and Anglians were restricted to 30 for two from 15 overs.
Spinner Hampson brought himself on and kept the pressure on by taking four for 14 from eight overs. Ollie Ford resisted with a spirited 31 and Lewis Rayner added 22no to take Anglians to 123 for nine from their 40 overs.
Sprowston lost two early wickets, but brothers Tim (40) and Sam (36) Hales put them on course to seal a five-wicket victory with nine overs remaining.
You may also want to watch:
The Broke Cup final was staged on the second pitch at Sprowston at the same time and Stow beat Terrington St Clement by six wickets.
Man-of-the-match Alex Ward claimed four for 33 as Terrington were bowled out for 96 in the 28th over, Jason Young top scoring with 26.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Jack-knifed lorry shuts busy Norfolk road as police issue ice warning
- 7 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 8 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 9 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 10 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
Stow lost early wickets but Tom High (35) and Glen Fossey (35no) helped them wrap up victory after just 16 overs.