Spixworth stay in pole position for title after hammering the Royals
- Credit: Archant
Spixworth maintain their lead at the top of the Anglian Combination Premier Division with a 7-1 win over lowly Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves.
A hat-trick from Paul Cook and one each from Daniel Barraclough, James Page, Luke Tuttle, Ben Morgan ensured victory for the leaders, who are 11 points ahead of second-placed Harleston having played two games more. Kirkley's consolation goal came from Connor Barrett.
Harleston are the only team who can catch Spixworth now.
Mulbarton Wanderers beat rivals Wroxham Reserves 2-0, with two goals from Elliot Altay. Lewis Easter gave Norwich CEYMS an early lead but Xavier Huckle (two) and Logan Copsey scored to give Mattishall a 3-1 lead at half-time. In the second half, Darrell Delaney scored for CEYMS to make an exciting finish but it stayed 3-2 to the visitors.
Reepham Town beat Cromer Town 8-0 with goals from George Dickens (two), Stephen Drake, Rob Warminger, Joe Wright, Anthony Warner and two own goals.
You may also want to watch:
St Andrews and Blofield United shared a 1-1 draw, scorers Ryan Pye and Ashley Mitchell.
Caister went to Stalham Town and won 4-0 with goals from Gaz Ward, Chris Sandford, George Barnden and Keegan Middleton, who recently left Thurlow Nunn Premier Division side, Gorleston.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
Bradley Hough and Adam Guy scored for Waveney but they lost 3-2 to Acle United, their scorers were Rick Forder (2) and Oscar Stalios. It leans Acle have closed the gap on fourth-placed Waveney to four points.
It is close in Division One as Beccles Town went top thanks to a 2-1 win at Attleborough Town, with goals from David Shade and Liam Harvey-Cooper. Gregg Mann was on target for the home team. Bradenham Wanderers dropped to second after a 0-0 draw with Bungay Town.
A James Oliver goal just edged it for Aylsham, who beat Hellesdon 1-0. Jake Rose (two), Matt Eyre and Sean Jermy scored for Loddon United to beat North Walsham Town 4-2, their scorers were Matt Payne and Matt Downing.
Five goals from Liam Moriarty and one from Lloyd Green earned Wymondham Town a 6-2 win at Sheringham, whose goals came through Jordan Rocastle and Daniel Fuller whilst Holt United beat Scole United 2-1.