Spixworth edging closer to title, but Harleston refuse to give up the chase
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Spixworth are edging closer and closer to the Anglian Combination Premier Division title after a 4-1 win over Stalham.
The leaders remain nine points clear of Harleston Town, goals from Luke Tuttle, James Page, Scott Woodgate and Joe Easton earning them win number 22 in 23 league outings. Lewis Crosby was on target for Stalham.
Harleston were 3-2 winners at Caister, Nathan Page scoring twice and Scott Roberts also on target. Caister's goals came from Lee Roof and George Barnden.
Waveney stay third after scoring four without reply at Reepham Town – Kevin Fletcher, Ritchie High, Bradley Hough and an own goal were on the scoresheet.
Bottom club Cromer Town scored twice at home to Blofield United but went down 5-2. Ben Cissell and Lewis Amos scored for the Crabs, with Robbie Fryers thumping in four for Blofield, who also had Steve Davis on the scoresheet.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Deacon scored for Long Stratton, but Mulbarton Wanderers scored five in reply through Ben Thompson, Mark Sutcliffe, Joel Potter, Jamie Smith and Damion Cooper.
St Andrews and Norwich Ceyms played out a 1-1 draw with Charlie Roe scoring for St Andrews and Noel Delany for Ceyms. Mattishall returned from Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves with all three points after beating their hosts 2-1. Ian Hunter was on target for the Royals with Orren Oliver and Xavier Huckle scoring for Mattishall.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
Division One leaders Bradenham Wanderers beat visiting Holt United 5-2. There were braces for Tom Spalding and George Watts-Sturrock with Scott Sutherland-Gray also on target. Marcus Holt and Olli West were the Holt scorers.
Second-placed Hellesdon lost ground when they were held to a 3-3 draw against North Walsham Town. Connor Charlesworth, Mac Gee and Ross Pantry scored for Hellesdon and Matt Dunning and a brace for Kieran Patel were North Walsham scorers.
It was third against fourth at Youngs Park where Aylsham faced Beccles met – and the visitors went home 3-0 winners, with goals from Luke Bailey, Kieran Bale and Liam Harvey-Cooper. Attleborough lost 2-1 at home to Mundford with Steve Wright scoring for Attleborough and Alex Gathercole and Ben Coe replying.