Speedway Grand Prix leader Tai Woffinden to guest for King’s Lynn Stars at home to Lakeside Hammers
- Credit: Matthew Usher
World championship leader Tai Woffinden will guest for King's Lynn Stars in their season-defining fixture at home to Lakeside Hammers this evening.
The Wolverhampton Wolves ace, known as Woffy, leads this year's Speedway Grand Prix series by three points with just three rounds to go.
And Norfolk Arena chiefs will be hoping he can put on another masterclass tonight to help keep alive their side's faint play-off hopes.
Lynn sit seventh in the 10-team Elite League table – 11 points off the top four. That position is occupied by Lakeside, who have ridden a meeting more than the Saddlebow Road outfit.
With Swindon Robins, Birmingham Brummies and Wolves all seemingly assured of a place in the end-of-season shootout, the Stars are fighting it out with Poole Pirates, Peterborough Panthers and the Hammers for the last slot.
You may also want to watch:
With just four fixtures left after this evening's clash, Rob Lyon's troops must realistically pick up a maximum-points victory. If they win by seven or more, they will not only boost their chances of moving up the table, but more importantly force Lakeside to head back to Essex with nothing to show for their efforts.
Lynn number one Niels-Kristian Iversen misses the meeting after he was handed a two-week ban from the BSPA (British Speedway Promoters' Association) for missing last week's fixture against Coventry.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 6 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 9 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 10 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
Lasse Bjerre, captain Mads Korneliussen, Richie Worrall and Rory Schlein all ride in the same position as they did during the 48-43 win over Coventry.
At reserve, Nicklas Porsing rides at six while Kozza Smith – who started the season with the Stars before being released – has re-joined the team on a full-time basis and will line up at number seven.
Lynn: 1 Tai Woffinden (Guest), 2 Lasse Bjerre, 3 Mads Korneliussen, 4 Richie Worrall, 5 Rory Schlein, 6 Nicklas Porsing, 7 Kozza Smith.
Lakeside (expected): 1 Peter Karlsson, 2 Sebastian Ulamek (G), 3 Lewis Bridger, 4 Piotr Swiderski, 5 Davey Watt, 6 Kevin Doolan, 7 Richard Lawson.