Speedway Grand Prix leader Tai Woffinden to guest for King’s Lynn Stars at home to Lakeside Hammers
- Credit: Matthew Usher
World championship leader Tai Woffinden will guest for King's Lynn Stars in their season-defining fixture at home to Lakeside Hammers this evening.
The Wolverhampton Wolves ace, known as Woffy, leads this year's Speedway Grand Prix series by three points with just three rounds to go.
And Norfolk Arena chiefs will be hoping he can put on another masterclass tonight to help keep alive their side's faint play-off hopes.
Lynn sit seventh in the 10-team Elite League table – 11 points off the top four. That position is occupied by Lakeside, who have ridden a meeting more than the Saddlebow Road outfit.
With Swindon Robins, Birmingham Brummies and Wolves all seemingly assured of a place in the end-of-season shootout, the Stars are fighting it out with Poole Pirates, Peterborough Panthers and the Hammers for the last slot.
You may also want to watch:
With just four fixtures left after this evening's clash, Rob Lyon's troops must realistically pick up a maximum-points victory. If they win by seven or more, they will not only boost their chances of moving up the table, but more importantly force Lakeside to head back to Essex with nothing to show for their efforts.
Lynn number one Niels-Kristian Iversen misses the meeting after he was handed a two-week ban from the BSPA (British Speedway Promoters' Association) for missing last week's fixture against Coventry.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 8 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 9 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
Lasse Bjerre, captain Mads Korneliussen, Richie Worrall and Rory Schlein all ride in the same position as they did during the 48-43 win over Coventry.
At reserve, Nicklas Porsing rides at six while Kozza Smith – who started the season with the Stars before being released – has re-joined the team on a full-time basis and will line up at number seven.
Lynn: 1 Tai Woffinden (Guest), 2 Lasse Bjerre, 3 Mads Korneliussen, 4 Richie Worrall, 5 Rory Schlein, 6 Nicklas Porsing, 7 Kozza Smith.
Lakeside (expected): 1 Peter Karlsson, 2 Sebastian Ulamek (G), 3 Lewis Bridger, 4 Piotr Swiderski, 5 Davey Watt, 6 Kevin Doolan, 7 Richard Lawson.