South Lynn retain Norfolk title
- Credit: Archant
The last NCBA outdoor competition final for the County Club Championship was played between last year's winners South Lynn and RG Carters BC at Cawston BC.
RG Carter came out of the blocks and lead 19-10 after five ends and 41-28 by the 15th end. But the lead was slashed to one shot, 57-56. and by the 20th end they had moved into a four shot lead, 76-72.
With three of the four rinks having finished the game was still very tight. But the remaining rink had three ends to play.
RG Carter picked up a three on the 23rd end to make the match level, but South Lynn responded in kind to go into the last three shots ahead. With one wood to go RG Carter held two shots, but their last wood came up short and South Lynn won by one shot, 94-93.
County President John Hudson presented the Jason Roope Shield to South Lynn Captain Andy Sayer.
You may also want to watch:
Rinks scores(South Lynn first): J Todhunter, M Wright & G Todhunter 21, S Reynolds, M Reynolds & M Reynolds 30; D Bunkle, J Fysh & R Bunton 28, R Henning, D Foster & T Jermy 18; D Bateson, A Wright & A Bateson 20, D Betts, E Cole & J Hunter 24; A Sayer, P Wright & J Rusted 25, P Mouland, P Acres & D Cole 21.
South Lynn go on to represent Norfolk in the Inter County stage of the EBF Durham Centenary Trophy next Season.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 3 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 4 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 5 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 6 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 7 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 8 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 9 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 10 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash