Delight as Sophie McKinna is added to team England squad for Commonwealth Games
- Credit: PA
Great Yarmouth's Sophie McKinna is going to the Commnwealth Games.
The 23-year-old earned a surprise call-up yesterday after Team England announced changes to their team.
'Absolutely ecstatic to say I've been selected for my second Commonwealth Games,' said McKinna in a tweet. '#takethat #macisback.'
A Team England statement read: 'Team England have today announced two further updates to its athletics squad ahead of the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast in Australia.
'Injury has forced the withdrawal of Danny Talbot and Ben Williams.
You may also want to watch:
Talbot and Williams have been replaced on the Gold Coast 2018 team by Glasgow 2014 4x100m silver medallist Richard Kilty and Sophie McKinna who placed fifth in the shot put at the same games.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town