Soccer on the Sands waiting for Norfolk’s youth football clubs
Norfolk FA is gearing up for another fantastic weekend on the beach this summer, when Soccer on the Sands returns to Great Yarmouth for the eighth consecutive year.
More than 1,000 girls and boys will be welcomed back to the coastal resort's central beach on Saturday and Sunday, June 4 and 5, for Soccer on the Sands Champions League 2011 – which will be staged in partnership with Active Norfolk and Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
The youth beach football event – the biggest of its kind in England – will incorporate 128 teams, ranging from under-7 to under-13 levels, with all the competitions taking place over the course of a fun filled weekend.
The tournament is one that has proven to capture the imagination of the county's youth football scene in recent years, as well as being a favourite with clubs wanting to get involved – so be sure to get those applications in soon.
The weekend will also have continued support from official trophy supplier 4trophies and the neighbouring Beach House Caf�, situated on the Great Yarmouth seafront.
You may also want to watch:
An application form can be requested from Norfolk FA by calling Kate Dixon on 01603 704050. More information and online booking are both available at www.NorfolkFA.com
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 7 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 10 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000