Snetterton favourite Classic Sports Car Club makes a return
The Classic Sports Car Club is always a favourite of the Snetterton crowd for its spectacular cars plus the close and competitive racing on offer to spectators.
Local interest this weekend will be focused on the 'Magnificent 7' event featuring Andrew O'Connell from North Walsham, Attleborough's Barry Obey, Jason Baker of Norwich and Eye's John Benfield. However it is likely to be Kevin Williams from Newmarket and Peter Ratcliff who will fight over victory.
The Swinging Sixes Group 2 event on Saturday will find the Lotus 7 of Watton's Chris Edwards taking on a host of Lotus Elan's and the sole Lotus Europa of Norwich's Malcolm Johnson.
While the Hethel built cars fight for supremacy the Jaguar E Types of Harry Wyndham and David Edge will take the fight for victory to a horde of America muscle cars led by Ray Barrow's Chevrolet Camaro.
Jim Utting, from Norwich, and Hempnall's Richard Drake will contest the Group 1 event along with a quartet of MGB's plus a pair of Porsche 911's.
You may also want to watch:
The Ferrari Open races will pit former Le Mans racer Martin Short against the established runners, Wayne Marrs and Mick Dwayne, as the howl of Italian V8 engines will reverberate around the Norfolk circuit.
In the Classic event Marrs swaps his 458 Challenge Ferrari for a 328 GTB while King's Lynn's Peter Everingham will give his similar car a thrashing in an attempt to win Class 3.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 4 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Dog dies and another missing after getting lost in snow
- 10 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
The Morgan Challenge is a firm favourite at Snetterton with Richard Plant and Philip Goddard taking on the established Matthew Wurr for outright victory while King's Lynn's Richard Geoffrey Carter contests Class R.
Fressingfield's Carl Chambers races in the Tin Tops saloon event pitting his Peugeot 306 against the Honda Integra's and Civic's.
Saturday's events take place on the 300 layout and start at 1.20pm while the shorter 200 circuit is used the following day, with the same start time, to complete the 15-race programme.