Smith hands travelling Dereham Town a huge boost while Fakenham Town prepare to visit Norwich United
- Credit: Archant
Midfielder Adam Smith looks set to make his Ryman League North return for Dereham Town at AFC Sudbury.
The Magpies' senior side have been without their influential left-sided player so far this season but will include him in tonight's squad for the trip to Suffolk. The former Norwich City Academy talent has become a pivotal figure at Aldiss Park since arriving in 2008 so Matt Henman is glad he can finally call upon Smith's services for the first time in 2015/16.
Dereham's manager said: 'Having Adam back is a significant boost. He's been a key player for us for the last four to five years and it's a real plus having him back, not just for tonight but moving forward.
'We didn't want to rush him back because he's had a run of niggly injuries. We wanted to give him time to get over this one (thigh strain) and he's come through 45 minutes and a 90 for our reserves (on Saturday) so he's ready to be involved again.'
Jake Anema also comes back into the fold after missing Dereham's 2-2 home draw against league leaders Cray Wanderers on Saturday – achieved despite playing with 10 men for 30 minutes. Dan Morphew and Matt Howard will miss the return clash against a Sudbury side that won 1-0 in Norfolk earlier this term.
In the Thurlow Nunn League, Premier Division table-toppers Norwich United will increase their lead at the top to at least six points if they can halt Fakenham Town's run of three successive victories. A draw for the visiting Ghosts will see them climb out of the bottom three for the first time this season. In the United Counties League Premier Division, mid-table Wisbech Town welcome Peterborough Northern Star as they aim to continue their upward momentum by making it three wins on the bounce against a side they thrashed 4-2 earlier this term.
- 1 Horsebox covered in parking tickets left abandoned in car park
- 2 Four teenage cyclists struck by a van that failed to stop
- 3 'Absolutely devastated' - Norwich restaurant broken into day after opening
- 4 'Ethan will be greatly missed' - tributes to teen who died in cycle crash
- 5 Revealed: The area of Norfolk where homes are at higher risk of flooding
- 6 Woman in Sainsbury's stuns shopper with poignant act of kindness
- 7 Norfolk hairdresser recognised as one of the UK's best
- 8 Plans submitted over bid to introduce parking charges at Roman Fort
- 9 Teenage cyclist dies after collision with van
- 10 Seaside shop couple retiring after more than 40 years