Skipper bags six wickets in two overs
Damian Ryan and Ben Wright are this week's EDP24/Hansells award winners after spectacular performances for their clubs.Hemsby captain Ryan, 20, takes the bowling honours after his remarkable figures of nine for 32 against Old Catton in Knights Norfolk League Division Nine.
Damian Ryan and Ben Wright are this week's EDP24/Hansells award winners after spectacular performances for their clubs.
Hemsby captain Ryan, 20, takes the bowling honours after his remarkable figures of nine for 32 against Old Catton in Knights Norfolk League Division Nine.
Ryan had already top scored with 47 in Hemsby's 125 for eight, but his side looked to be heading for defeat when Catton reached 34 without loss.
The skipper then took charge, claiming six wickets in his sixth and seventh overs without conceding a run. He went on to take three more and was only denied a clean sweep when 12-year-old Will Oakey bowled Catton's number 10 batsman.
Fourteen-year-old Wright starred for Topcroft Tigers in their Junior Carter Cup victory over Breckland Bucks.
Despite being up against older players than himself in the under-17 competition, Wright was undaunted and opened the batting for Topcroft. He batted throughout the 36 overs and was finally out for 136 to a spectacular catch on the last ball of the innings.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 10 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
Ryan and Wright will both receive £10 vouchers to spend at Pilch Sports in Norwich.
Other worthy nominees this week: 14-year-old Chris Anderson, of Hales A, who hit 87 against Happisburgh in Knights Norfolk League Division Five; 14-year-old left arm spinner Ryan Findlay, who took four for 24 to turn Bradenham's Alliance Division Two game against Norwich & Coltishall Wanderers on its head; and Bungay's Thomas York, who took six for seven, including four wickets in an over, against Kirkley & Lowestoft Railway in the Mid Norfolk Sunday League.
If you wish to nominate someone for next week's awards, email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the nominee's full name, age, team, match details and a brief summary of what they did in the game as well as a photograph and a contact telephone number, clearly stating EDP24 Cricket Awards in the subject line.
Remember, the competition is open to players of all ages and at all levels. We are looking to reward outstanding achievements, not necessarily the highest runscorer or best bowler, so get your entries in before noon on Wednesday to be in with a chance of winning next week's prizes.