Simon Stead backed to play crucial role in King’s Lynn Stars’ Elite League play-off quest
- Credit: IAN BURT
Rob Lyon believes a fully fit Simon Stead will provide a huge boost to King's Lynn Stars' Elite League play-off hopes.
The Yorkshireman has had rotten luck with injuries for the past few weeks but completed his first full meeting for Lynn since May 1 in their 53-37 thumping of Wolverhampton Wolves on Wednesday.
The 31-year-old scored a more-than-decent nine, paid 11, from his five rides and Lyon admits it was good to have the British stalwart back to something near his best.
Lynn's team boss said: 'He's an integral part of our side and it showed with his performance against Wolves. It showed what we've been missing. It was consistent, he had one bad ride and the rest were perfect, and he's a good guy to have in the team.
'He enjoys himself here and I think that shows in the way he rides. Richie (Worrall) stole the show with his 18-point maximum but Steady's performance was very encouraging.
You may also want to watch:
'He's been around a long time now and he knows what it's all about. Even though he's had the injury problems that he has this year, I think it's testimony to him that he came back in on Wednesday and has not lost any of his confidence. Hopefully now he can steer clear of anything and kick on and play an integral part for us.
Stead's points haul was his best for Lynn since he top-scored with 10, plus one, in March's 41-33 home win over Peterborough Panthers.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed