‘Simmo’ in the hot-seat as Dereham Town take on bottom club
- Credit: Ian Burt
Dereham Town have been left in the capable hands of assistant Neal Simmons as they welcome basement boys Redbridge.
Boss Matt Henman is part of the widely publicised Dereham Education and Soccer Academy (DESA) trip to America and will miss this afternoon's Ryman League North clash at Aldiss Park.
And the Magpies manager admits he's got little to worry about ahead of the clash having seen his side reach their second Norfolk Senior Cup final in a row in midweek at King's Lynn.
Henman, who was sent to the stands during the controversial semi-final, said: 'The nice thing for me is that we've got to a final, we're in a reasonable position in the league with young players, and even more than that I'm going to be in Las Vegas with the academy for 10 days and leaving Simmo to it.
'All joking aside, it's a lovely feeling to work really hard and have a great trip with DESA knowing we've got a lot to look forward to at Dereham between now and the end of the season when I get back.'
You may also want to watch:
Luke Tuttle, Ryan Crisp and Sam Borrer netted in the victory against Lynn's second string.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 8 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 9 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region