‘Simmo’ in the hot-seat as Dereham Town take on bottom club
- Credit: Ian Burt
Dereham Town have been left in the capable hands of assistant Neal Simmons as they welcome basement boys Redbridge.
Boss Matt Henman is part of the widely publicised Dereham Education and Soccer Academy (DESA) trip to America and will miss this afternoon's Ryman League North clash at Aldiss Park.
And the Magpies manager admits he's got little to worry about ahead of the clash having seen his side reach their second Norfolk Senior Cup final in a row in midweek at King's Lynn.
Henman, who was sent to the stands during the controversial semi-final, said: 'The nice thing for me is that we've got to a final, we're in a reasonable position in the league with young players, and even more than that I'm going to be in Las Vegas with the academy for 10 days and leaving Simmo to it.
'All joking aside, it's a lovely feeling to work really hard and have a great trip with DESA knowing we've got a lot to look forward to at Dereham between now and the end of the season when I get back.'
You may also want to watch:
Luke Tuttle, Ryan Crisp and Sam Borrer netted in the victory against Lynn's second string.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?