Showjumping weekend at Forest Edge Arena a big success
Last weekend's 'showjumping weekend' was a resounding success at Forest Edge Arena.
Two days of unaffiliated showjumping, a demonstration by the international show jumper Tim Page and all classes sponsored, encouraged competitors to stay for the weekend.
Saturday morning's competitions were aimed at the younger riders, starting with a 50cm novice class. Young Tia Akers won the class riding Dustbuster. This was the start of a very successful weekend for the partnership as they were well placed in several classes.
Another consistent junior rider was Millie Thompson, riding Wild Whisper. She took the first rosette in Saturday's 70cm Open class and Sunday's 80cm Open.
Millie was also a member of the first day's team competition. Fellow team-mates were Ellie Hodgson on A Well Kept Secret and Tia Akers riding Dustbuster.
The most entertaining class to watch was the 'ride and jump' class – jumping a course mounted, and then on foot against the clock. The winner, out-riding and out-running everyone was Ellie Hodgson.
On Sunday, Emily Brooker, riding Irish Hullabaloo, rode an unbeatable round to win the 90cm Open class, while Grace Read, on the aptly-named Star Quality, took the larger 1m Open class.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 5 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 6 Boss 'gutted' after scenes cut from Ed Balls' Who Do You Think You Are?
- 7 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 8 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 9 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance
- 10 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
The winning senior team on Sunday were 'All the gear and no idea' – Helen Eagle on Dylan, Sam Brooker riding Jasper and Emily Brooker on Irish Hulaballo.