Showjumping weekend at Forest Edge Arena a big success
Last weekend's 'showjumping weekend' was a resounding success at Forest Edge Arena.
Two days of unaffiliated showjumping, a demonstration by the international show jumper Tim Page and all classes sponsored, encouraged competitors to stay for the weekend.
Saturday morning's competitions were aimed at the younger riders, starting with a 50cm novice class. Young Tia Akers won the class riding Dustbuster. This was the start of a very successful weekend for the partnership as they were well placed in several classes.
Another consistent junior rider was Millie Thompson, riding Wild Whisper. She took the first rosette in Saturday's 70cm Open class and Sunday's 80cm Open.
Millie was also a member of the first day's team competition. Fellow team-mates were Ellie Hodgson on A Well Kept Secret and Tia Akers riding Dustbuster.
You may also want to watch:
The most entertaining class to watch was the 'ride and jump' class – jumping a course mounted, and then on foot against the clock. The winner, out-riding and out-running everyone was Ellie Hodgson.
On Sunday, Emily Brooker, riding Irish Hullabaloo, rode an unbeatable round to win the 90cm Open class, while Grace Read, on the aptly-named Star Quality, took the larger 1m Open class.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 10 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
The winning senior team on Sunday were 'All the gear and no idea' – Helen Eagle on Dylan, Sam Brooker riding Jasper and Emily Brooker on Irish Hulaballo.