Ex-King’s Lynn Stars rider Shane Parker recovering from heart attack in Australia
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press, Archant
Former King's Lynn Stars rider Shane Parker is recovering after suffering a heart attack at his home in Australia.
The 49-year-old, who retired in 2014, rode for a number of British during his long career.
It is understood Parker is recovering in hospital after suffering the attack at his home last Thursday morning.
Parker, a four-time Southern Australia champion, rode for the Stars in 1997, 1998, 2000 and 2003 and also represented Ipswich, Middlesbrough, Hull, Belle Vue, Peterborough, Glasgow and Somerset, before finishing his time in England at Sheffield in 2011.
He also rode for several sides in Poland and Sweden before returning to Australia, where he finished his career at Gilman Speedway in Adelaide.
You may also want to watch:
Fellow Australian and another former Stars rider, Craig Boyce posted on facebook: "I spoke to my blood brother Shane Parker who had his life saved by his daughter doing mouth to mouth until he got to hospital, Legend job little lady, he is in good spirits and we had a good conversation, let me tell you now Fireparker will be back with a vengeance!"
A tweet by @SpeedwayGB read: "Get well soon. Shane Parker, a great servant to several British clubs throughout his career, has suffered a cardiac arrest back home in Australia. Everyone at the British Speedway Promoters' Association sends 'Parks' and his family our very best wishes for a swift recovery.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project