Seventh heaven for Bungay A
Phil BanyardLucas Fettes Norfolk League: Danny Mowday and Dave McPhillie set a new league record seventh wicket partnership of 179 for Bungay A as they beat Eaton by 90 runs in Division Three.Phil Banyard
Danny Mowday and Dave McPhillie set a new league record seventh wicket partnership of 179 for Bungay A as they beat Eaton by 90 runs in Division Three.
Mowday made 104no and McPhillie contributed 58no as Bungay recovered from a perilous 51 for six to post a match-winning total of 230.
Costessey skipper Graham Taylor batted throughout the innings for the second week running, hitting 80no to steer his side to a six-wicket triumph over Great Melton B.
Sprowston B's T Cook took five for 24 before skipper Ian Day hit 49 in an eight-wicket win at Horsford B.
You may also want to watch:
Winterton skipper Kevin Percival led Division One leaders Winterton to a 98-run win against Kirkley Sports. Percival took five for 37 to dismiss Kirkley after Josh Austin (73no) and Geoff Roper (60) had starred with the bat for Winterton.
Kevin Stagles' unbeaten 113, along with bowling contributions from Matthew Milne (four for 67) and Matthew Cross (three for 54) helped secure a 13-run win for Shipdham at Drayton.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
Division Two leaders Cringleford Lodge cruised to a 10-wicket win against Overstrand, while second-placed East Harling kept up the pressure with a 43-run win at Norwich Bystanders.
Michael Trueman hit 65 for Norwich & Coltishall Wanderers B in a failed run chase at Aldborough A.
Josh Downes guided Hardingham A to an eight-wicket win against Horsford C in Division Six, after Jordan Rant had taken three for 12 and Tom Selby made 65 in the Horsford innings.
A fifth wicket stand of 131 between Graham Quinton (86) and Steve Nicholson (58) gave Hemsby A the upper hand against Hardingham B in Division Eight. Mike Smith (five for 29) then wrapped up a 64-run win to send Hemsby top, despite the efforts of Carl Cowles (64) and Dave Oakley (41), who put on 125 for the first wicket.
Martham A achieved their first victory of the season, beating Hales Colts by 58 runs. Terry Blundell made 47 for Martham before Lee Woodhouse took five for 18 and Paul Bassingwaite struck 50 in the Hales reply.
Reepham & Salle beat Bunwell by 69 runs, with key contributions from Paul Minns (90), Simon Harwood (77), Joe Hollis (60no) and 15-year-old George Wright (five for 16).