Seven medals for fighters from Cromer gym
A clutch of Cromer fighters came back to base with a haul of medals after taking part in the second of a championship series at Boston in Lincolnshire.
On Sunday April 22, Fighting Fit Martial Arts head coach John Mezzetti took 10 fighters to the event, which attracted clubs from Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire.
Mezzetti said: 'The team as always proved why they are now rated as one of the most promising clubs in mixed martial arts. Some of the juniors who have only fought a few times put on excellent display of technique and sportsmanship.
'And the seniors who fought also proved that hard work and determination pays off.'
The Cromer fighter won seven trophies, including gold for Joel Smithson and Ben Hicks, silver for Ian Wynn, Henry Mezzetti, Dan Cooper and James Cooper and bronze for Kieran Cooper.
Sam Spencer and Dean Palmer both just missed out on top three places, but put in great performances and Francis Lillie missed out on a fight altogether.
Mezzetti said: 'Team FFMA proved once again that when you worked hard and train with good team mates who all respect and help each other then the results will come.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 5 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 6 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 7 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 8 Blaze near children's playground in Norwich believed to be arson
- 9 Nine fire crews tackle blaze at industrial estate
- 10 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
'With these guys and new ones coming through, along with the semi-pro and pro fighters, I feel 2012 will be a great year for the club.'