Search is on for talented girl footballers
The Community Sports Foundation is looking for talented female football players (aged eight to 16).
They want to offer them the chance to attend the Norwich City FC girls' advanced trials in June.
Players from these trials have an opportunity to be selected for either the Girls' Centre of Excellence, Elite Centres or Player Development technical centres.
If you are a teacher or team manager and have any players from your club who you feel would like to attend, please nominate them or download the application form from the CSF website at www.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk
All trials will be held at Easton College, Norwich on the following dates and times:
You may also want to watch:
Saturday June 11 – 10am-1pm for U10 & U11 (players born in 2001 or 2002); 2-5pm for U14 & U15 (players born in 1997 or 1998); Sunday June 12 – 10am to 1pm for U12 & U13 (players born in 1999 or 2000).
If successful, players will be called back for a further trial at the end of June.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 6 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
On Wednesday June 15 from 6-8pm U17 players (born in 1995 or 1996) will also have a trial. Players must bring boots, trainers, shin pads and plenty of drink. All trials will be on grass surfaces.
There will also be a short introduction to players and parents to outline the structure and aim of the CSF Girls Advanced Programmes. The girls will participate in various drills involving passing, dribbling, running with ball and shooting, as well as taking part in matches.
Girls who are called back for a further trial may be required to undergo fitness testing – this will be in the form of the 'Yo Yo test'.
If you need any further information about these trials, contact the CSF office on 01603 761122.
Meanwhile, the Community Sports Foundation is offering a U9s (players born in 2003 or 2004) girls-only taster session at their annual Summer Cup tournament.
The session will include fun football games and mini football matches.
From this free session, the girls will be selected for either the Girls' Centre of Excellence, Elite Centres or Player Development technical centres.
If you would like to attend the free session, please download an application form from www.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk/football/girlsandwomen/trials.php#taster
The session will be held at Redmayne Playing Fields, Beeston Hyrne on Sunday June 26 from 11am until 1pm.