Sea Fishing: Thorburn takes top spot in tricky conditions
What a week! Howling north easterlies and heavy swells left lots of beaches in the north and east of the region all but unfishable.
Those that did brave the conditions wished they'd stayed at home with only a few rockling and occasional flattie to report.
Holt SAC's last match of the winter accumulator was scheduled for Bacton but switched to Kelling in the hope of finding a few more fish.
Three rockling and a dab were the only fish carded in the match with Paul Thorburn taking two of the four for 6oz and top spot. Kev Green was second with 4oz and Bill Beeton third with 3oz.
The final top four teams in order were North Norfolk Lads, Holt Crack Offs, Gutter Bashers, and Holt SAC A.
Those four teams will represent the North Norfolk Sea League in the National Sea League final at Eastbourne in November.
East Norfolk and into Suffolk has been little better with occasional whiting, and even scarcer codling, showing from Corton to Ness Point, though there have been few people fishing in the cold and blustery conditions.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 5 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 6 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 9 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
With more wind and freezing temperatures in this week's forecast it's difficult to put a positive spin on things, though if you can catch east or north Norfolk beaches as they become fishable there has to be a chance in those seas.
Holt SAC have their presentation evening next weekend and that's the end of their season until Easter when they start over. New members are always welcome, check out www.holtseanglingclub.com for more information or email me at email@example.com for more details.