Sea Fishing: Exciting mix of fish being caught
There have been some good mixed bags right around the region over the last week.
Along with the whiting and flats there have been some dogfish, bass and codling, even some smoothound pups.
Things can be expected to be a little late this year given the winter we had, but all in all, things look to be picking up nicely.
Holt SAC fished the third round of their summer accumulator at Bacton over the weekend. Henry Randell took top spot with 6lb 15oz, Tony Thomas second with 6lb 3oz and the biggest round a bass of 44cm, with Richard Ellis third with 3lb 12oz.
There was quite a mix of fish caught including a gurnard and a sole.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Lawes had a turbot from the rough ground on the north Norfolk coast and Brian Heritage had a nice little thornback from Orford Ness, showing the variety on offer at either end of the patch. There are still a few codling showing at Lowestoft and I saw some smoothound pups in catches from along there too, fresh crab seems to be the bait at the minute.
Some great news for the local angling scene, top match angler Dene Conway, is opening a new tackle shop in north Norfolk. Ritegear Angling Centre, 32 Cromer Road, West Runton will be opening its doors on the coming bank holiday weekend and will be stocking fresh and frozen bait along with a full range of coarse and sea angling tackle.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 3 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 4 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 5 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 10 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
Dene has masses of experience and I know he'll be only too pleased to help anybody with match or pleasure angling questions, hints, and tips.
In these days of online shopping and internet forums, it'll be brilliant to have another local shop where you can get the latest catch news or check out the latest tackle innovations.