Sea Fishing: Estuaries provide sport as beaches draw blanks
It's been a very quiet week on the region's beaches – changeable weather hasn't helped, although building tides and evening high waters will help things into the weekend.
There have been precious few fish reported in the north, a few dabs on the shingle and some school bass in east Norfolk.
There are some sole about between Yarmouth and Southwold, but even they've gone off, whilst the sea has been scruffy. The estuaries have been the places to go with some cracking match weights.
The final match of the www.ritegear.co.uk estuary championships was held at Sutton Bridge. George Smith from Grimsby had eels and flounders for 12lb 11oz, Hampshire raider Andrew Dawkins had 25 fish for 10lb 4oz and second with Jeff Stannard third with 9lb 11oz. Andrew Dawkins narrowly held off George and Stephen Boyce to claim the series.
With the Olympics over and the beaches quiet, you might want to throw your support behind the England casting teams this coming Saturday. They'll be going for gold in the world fishing games in Greece and there's a cast-off to select the A and B teams at the field on Browston Lane, Bradwell, Great Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
That should be well worth a watch, and the place to go to get some help putting a few extra yards on your fishing cast.
Unlike the elite athletes, these guys have to fund themselves, so go along, get some free advice and maybe buy some raffle tickets, and get to see some of the world's best casters in action. For more information call Kev on 07795 967551.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed