Sea Fishing - Conditions give anglers a boost on the beaches
Sea conditions of colour and a little bit of lift helped sport around the coast over the last week.
There were fish caught from most beaches but if your target is cod then your realistic chances are still below Yarmouth. Orford produced some nice fish to 6lbs and quite a few 2-3lbs codling but typical of this time of the year it can be different tide to tide, Aldeburgh has been similar though it's fair to say there are plenty of whiting at both venues.
Up the coast to Lowestoft and it's more whiting and flats, aside the resident fish along north beach and Corton I haven't heard of any from Pakefield or Kessingland yet, hopefully it won't be long though.
Hopton, Gorleston and Yarmouth have produced plenty of whiting and a few flats. I would imagine that there would be a few around the wreck now but I haven't seen much in the reports to suggest there are many codling coming out at all.
The east Norfolk beaches are similar with plenty of whiting and still the occasional school bass and a distinct lack of codling in the reports, I think conditions are vital on these shallower beaches and you really want a bit on the water to encourage the codling over the bank to feed.
You may also want to watch:
Holt SAC had a decent match at Kelling last Sunday in the lovely autumn sunshine. Flounders and dabs predominated and Bill Beeton amassed 32 of them for a healthy 7lbs to win the J Long Shield. Paul Thorburn had 21 fish for a level 5lbs with Tom Gibbs in third with 4lbs 7ozs. The club is hosting the national sea league final on the shingle in early December, if the weather plays ball and a few of those flatties feed the near 150 strong field should have a good match.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 6 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 7 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort