Sea Fishing: Boyce takes the step up as conditions drive rodmen away
The weather played havoc with the local sport this weekend.
Rain on the back of a driving easterly made for some pretty dreadful conditions, which was a shame, particularly for those fishing the Mark Alsop memorial at Yarmouth on Sunday.
Stephen Boyce went one better this year, winning the match outright after sharing the prize last year. In second place was Trev Elliot, who showed a bit of class from an unfancied peg, with Ian Childerhouse third.
Top junior was Jasmine Webb.
The weather kept lots off the beaches right around the coast and the reports were thin on the ground as a result.
You may also want to watch:
Holt SAC fished for the Bumphrey Cup at Cley last Saturday. Ivan Allison ran out comfortable winner with 2lb 4oz, Steve Scholes was second with 14oz and Andy Turk third with 10oz.
The east Norfolk beaches had precious few fishing in the inclement weather; although it would be hard to imagine fish crawling up the beaches I dare say there would have been a few whiting and still the odd school bass.
- 1 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 2 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 5 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 6 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 7 Man fined for swearing at neighbours during lockdown barbeque
- 8 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 9 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
Below Yarmouth and the Corton to Lowestoft north stretch has produced a few small codling that seem to reside in the rough ground along there. Southwold southwards has seen the best chances of an early codling with a sprinkling of 4-6lb fish reported from Aldeburgh, Orford and Felixstowe.
There's not much inspiration from the wind forecast for the week ahead, couple that with small tides and early afternoon high water and it could be a struggle; again that deeper water in the south will probably give you the best chances.