Sea Fishing: Boyce takes the step up as conditions drive rodmen away
The weather played havoc with the local sport this weekend.
Rain on the back of a driving easterly made for some pretty dreadful conditions, which was a shame, particularly for those fishing the Mark Alsop memorial at Yarmouth on Sunday.
Stephen Boyce went one better this year, winning the match outright after sharing the prize last year. In second place was Trev Elliot, who showed a bit of class from an unfancied peg, with Ian Childerhouse third.
Top junior was Jasmine Webb.
The weather kept lots off the beaches right around the coast and the reports were thin on the ground as a result.
You may also want to watch:
Holt SAC fished for the Bumphrey Cup at Cley last Saturday. Ivan Allison ran out comfortable winner with 2lb 4oz, Steve Scholes was second with 14oz and Andy Turk third with 10oz.
The east Norfolk beaches had precious few fishing in the inclement weather; although it would be hard to imagine fish crawling up the beaches I dare say there would have been a few whiting and still the odd school bass.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 3 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 4 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 8 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 9 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 10 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
Below Yarmouth and the Corton to Lowestoft north stretch has produced a few small codling that seem to reside in the rough ground along there. Southwold southwards has seen the best chances of an early codling with a sprinkling of 4-6lb fish reported from Aldeburgh, Orford and Felixstowe.
There's not much inspiration from the wind forecast for the week ahead, couple that with small tides and early afternoon high water and it could be a struggle; again that deeper water in the south will probably give you the best chances.