Schedule: Norfolk athletes could strike gold on day five of Commonwealth Games
- Credit: PA
Norfolk's finest will be looking for the Midas touch during day five of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
Dereham shooter Mick Gault could become the most decorated athlete in the Games' history if he medals in the 50m air pistol.
Meanwhile, Norfolk squash stars Laura Massaro and James Willstrop will be going for gold today after both won their singles semi-finals last night.
Great Yarmouth-born Massaro faces a familiar foe in the women's final, which is due to start at 2.50pm. The 30-year-old world champion will face number one seed Nicol David, from Malaysia.
Team England is guaranteed a gold in the men's singles though, as Willstrop will face team-mate, and reigning men's world champion, Nick Matthew.
You may also want to watch:
North Walsham-raised Willstrop reached the final thanks to a 3-0 victory over Saurav Ghosal of India, while Matthew qualified with a 3-0 win against fellow Englishman Patrick Barker. The men's final is scheduled to get under way at 4pm.
Fakenham's Jamie Chestney will be in Lawn Bowls action in the second round of the Triples Fours while Wisbech-born Ellen Falkner gets her triples campaign started this morning.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 10 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
Dereham high jumper Chris Baker goes in the preliminary round and, should he make it through, the final is between 7pm and 10pm this evening.