Schedule: Norfolk athletes could strike gold on day five of Commonwealth Games
- Credit: PA
Norfolk's finest will be looking for the Midas touch during day five of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
Dereham shooter Mick Gault could become the most decorated athlete in the Games' history if he medals in the 50m air pistol.
Meanwhile, Norfolk squash stars Laura Massaro and James Willstrop will be going for gold today after both won their singles semi-finals last night.
Great Yarmouth-born Massaro faces a familiar foe in the women's final, which is due to start at 2.50pm. The 30-year-old world champion will face number one seed Nicol David, from Malaysia.
Team England is guaranteed a gold in the men's singles though, as Willstrop will face team-mate, and reigning men's world champion, Nick Matthew.
You may also want to watch:
North Walsham-raised Willstrop reached the final thanks to a 3-0 victory over Saurav Ghosal of India, while Matthew qualified with a 3-0 win against fellow Englishman Patrick Barker. The men's final is scheduled to get under way at 4pm.
Fakenham's Jamie Chestney will be in Lawn Bowls action in the second round of the Triples Fours while Wisbech-born Ellen Falkner gets her triples campaign started this morning.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
Dereham high jumper Chris Baker goes in the preliminary round and, should he make it through, the final is between 7pm and 10pm this evening.