Sandringham reel in Grimston
NCC West Norfolk League: Sandringham are hot on the heels of Grimston after inflicting the Division One leaders' second successive defeat.Joe Peveritt took five for 44 before James Banham (56) and Richard Southgate (67) completed an eight-wicket win for Sandringham.
Sandringham are hot on the heels of Grimston after inflicting the Division One leaders' second successive defeat.
Joe Peveritt took five for 44 before James Banham (56) and Richard Southgate (67) completed an eight-wicket win for Sandringham.
A massive 184-run second wicket partnership between Alistair White (94) and Perry Dawson (107no) helped Springwood beat Northwold by 118 runs.
Jacques Steynburg top scored with 71 as Leverington won by 61 runs at Snettisham. Kieran Herbert claimed five for 26 for the hosts before Ryan Twiddy (68) gave them a flying start in reply. Ian Cooper, initially expensive, bagged the last three wickets, finishing with four for 77.
You may also want to watch:
Dan Cornwall returned figures of five for 24 as Denver crushed Castle Acre by nine wickets in a match completed in less than 25 overs.
Leaders The Creakes beat Thornham by 37 runs in a reduced overs match. Paul Lough kept Creakes in check with four for 26, but Robin Tuck bowled the leaders to victory with four for 16.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 10 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
Downham B's John Williams took five for 30 in a six-wicket win at Holt.
Adam Darlow top scored for Heacham in a tense one-wicket win over Sheringham A. Earlier R Sturgess hit 58 and Andy Green claimed four for 22 in the Sheringham innings.
Narborough A's Nathan King destroyed Swanton Morley A, picking up five for 14 to keep Narborough out in front in Division Three.
David Spencer took four for 16 and captain Roy Bland hit an unbeaten 64 as Hockwold completed a nine-wicket win over Grimston in quick time.
Hari Sreekantaiah took four for 28 and Mark Austin scored 45 for Hospital as they consolidated second place with a four-wicket victory against Swaffham A.
Division Four leaders Hillington A suffered their first defeat of the season as J Goodrum (four for 56) led Northwold A to a 24-run win. Hillington's Nick Freeman earlier bagged four for 25.
Billy Yarham's brilliant figures of six for 16 could not prevent Fakenham B losing to Dereham B by 22 runs.
Marcus English (90), Clive Parke (50) and Matthew Cottrell (five for 22) starred in Beeston's 164-run win against Heacham A.
Gooderstone A's Ian Sayer claimed five for 25 but Downham C's Sam Sharp responded with four for 24 as the Gooderstone run chase fell just short.