Ryman North: Norwich United hope to shake off derby defeat, as Dereham travel to Ware
- Credit: Archant
Norwich United have an early start today as they kick-off at 1pm and they will be looking to bounce back from their local derby Boxing Day defeat at Wroxham, writes Norman Bygrave,
That 1-0 loss, courtesy of loanee Jack Newman's 57th-minute strike, saw today's opponents Witham Town go above the Planters and into the top half of the Ryman League Division One North table, with a 4-1 home win over strugglers Brentwood Town.
The Planters had obtained 12th position with back-to-back victories before Christmas, but they will hope for an improved performance today as they disappointed, albeit on a poor pitch, at Trafford Park.
Christy Finch, recently signed from Leiston, is in line for his first appearance at Plantation Park against a Greens side who registered their first win in seven on Boxing Day.
However, in their previous game they held leaders Maldon & Tiptree to a draw and when the sides met at Spa Road earlier in the season it was the Essex side who came out on top with a 2-1 victory, so a good contest is anticipated in today's mid-table clash.
You may also want to watch:
• Dereham Town travel to struggling Ware (2pm kick-off) looking to build on a 3-2 home win over Brightlingsea Regent on Monday, when Harley Black scored a hat-trick.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree