Ryman North: AFC Sudbury 2 Dereham Town 1
- Credit: IAN BURT
Dereham suffered late heartbreak in Suffolk, after allowing their lead to slip at Sudbury.
Luke Tuttle had put the Magpies in front in the 18th minute but Luke Callander equalised just two minutes after half-time and Craig Parker snatched the win for Jamie Godbold's team in the final minutes of the game.
Parker had headed over the top in the opening minutes at the at the Wardale Wallace Stadium before Dereham's Rhys Logan received Butcher's pass and struck an angled drive that was deflected onto the post and then cleared off the line in the 10th minute.
As the Magpies pressed again Aaron Kay picked out Ryan Crisp who delivered a perfect low ball across goal from the left enabling Tuttle to net from close range in the 18th minute.
Tuttle also forced home keeper Marcus Garnham to produce a great save from his firm drive with 24 minutes on the clock and Dereham's Will Viner was also called into action to save from Blackwell and keep the lead through to the break.
You may also want to watch:
However Sudbury drew level after the restart with Callander's header going in after hitting the underside of the bar in the 47th minute following Ollie Berquez's centre.
Dereham went close to regaining the lead in the 89th minute with Ryan Henshaw blocking Tuttle's goal-bound effort after he had rounded Garnham. Sudbury then also came close with Callander rattling the post before Parker headed home Blackwell's corner to steal the points in added time.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
Dereham: W Viner, P Swatman, F Blake-Tracy, A Kay, J Anema, D Frary, R Logan, S Borrer, R Crisp (J Frohawk 78), L Tuttle, L Butcher( A Smith 65). Unused subs: J Cooper, L Wallace.
Referee: Mr C Francis