Ryman North: AFC Sudbury 2 Dereham Town 1
- Credit: IAN BURT
Dereham suffered late heartbreak in Suffolk, after allowing their lead to slip at Sudbury.
Luke Tuttle had put the Magpies in front in the 18th minute but Luke Callander equalised just two minutes after half-time and Craig Parker snatched the win for Jamie Godbold's team in the final minutes of the game.
Parker had headed over the top in the opening minutes at the at the Wardale Wallace Stadium before Dereham's Rhys Logan received Butcher's pass and struck an angled drive that was deflected onto the post and then cleared off the line in the 10th minute.
As the Magpies pressed again Aaron Kay picked out Ryan Crisp who delivered a perfect low ball across goal from the left enabling Tuttle to net from close range in the 18th minute.
Tuttle also forced home keeper Marcus Garnham to produce a great save from his firm drive with 24 minutes on the clock and Dereham's Will Viner was also called into action to save from Blackwell and keep the lead through to the break.
However Sudbury drew level after the restart with Callander's header going in after hitting the underside of the bar in the 47th minute following Ollie Berquez's centre.
Dereham went close to regaining the lead in the 89th minute with Ryan Henshaw blocking Tuttle's goal-bound effort after he had rounded Garnham. Sudbury then also came close with Callander rattling the post before Parker headed home Blackwell's corner to steal the points in added time.
- 1 Controversial new speed camera to be reinstalled despite objections
- 2 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack
- 3 Woman found dead at home described as 'calm' and friendly
- 4 Snow to fall in parts of England... but will it reach East Anglia?
- 5 Off-duty police officer attacked in Norwich pub car park
- 6 Clampdown sees drivers caught using A140 rat-run
- 7 First look inside north Norfolk's new £12.7m leisure centre
- 8 Couple 'stunned' at surprise pregnancy - five weeks before giving birth
- 9 ‘I’m just embarrassed!’ - Range Rover driver on charity shop crash
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in King's Lynn
Dereham: W Viner, P Swatman, F Blake-Tracy, A Kay, J Anema, D Frary, R Logan, S Borrer, R Crisp (J Frohawk 78), L Tuttle, L Butcher( A Smith 65). Unused subs: J Cooper, L Wallace.
Referee: Mr C Francis