Ryman League North Dereham Town hoping it does not rain on their unbeaten parade
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Town will need to beat Waltham Abbey and the weather to complete a perfect 10, writes Rene Kendal.
The Magpies' trip to the Ryman League North basement boys is in severe doubt due to the wet weather that is sweeping the country. But if they get the match on, there's every chance that Matt Henmen's Norfolk boys can ensure their unbeaten run reaches double figures.
Dereham have not been beaten in their last nine matches and are heavy favourites going into clash against a team who have only picked up 14 points from 27 games. Henman also has the luxury of a fit squad to pick from with Lewis Butcher returning.
However, two of his talented younger players, Matt Cook and Robbie Linford, are missing as they have been selected to participate in the England School trials.
In other news, Henman has secured the signing of Polish goalkeeper Bartlomiej Danowski as cover for Will Viner, who has been in excellent form since replacing Andy Wilton following his move to St Neots.
You may also want to watch:
As a precautionary measure there will be a 9.30am pitch inspection ahead of the game.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach