Ryan Walsh’s golden opportunity fight is OFF
- Credit: Archant
Ryan Walsh’s big Golden Contract showdown is OFF.
The Cromer boxer was due to face Jazza Dickens in the featherweight showdown on Wednesday night, with the lure of a world title shot for the winner.
But Dickens and trainer Derry Matthews have both returned positive Covid-19 tests.
In a statement, MTK said: “Following the results of the COVID-19 testing, the fight between Jazza Dickens and Ryan Walsh has unfortunately been postponed due to positive tests for Dickens and his trainer Derry Mathews.
“All health and safety protocols regarding social distancing were followed in relation to the guidelines put in place by the British Boxing Board of Control, with no other fighters on the bill testing positive.
“MTK Global will continue to monitor the situation as the health and wellbeing of all involved is our utmost priority.
“Dickens and his team have immediately left the fight bubble, with the show proceeding with the remaining five fights on the card.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 5 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 6 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 7 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 8 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge
“Tyrone McKenna goes up against Ohara Davies in the #GoldenContract super-lightweight final, Serge Michel and Liam Conroy meet in the #GoldenContract light-heavyweight semi-final, Steven Ward steps up to cruiserweight to face Jone Volau, Ben Fail makes his professional debut against Robbie Chapman, and William Hamilton fights Genadij Krajevskij.
“News on a rescheduled date for the fight between Dickens and Walsh will be announced in due course.”