Ryan Walsh’s golden opportunity fight is OFF
- Credit: Archant
Ryan Walsh’s big Golden Contract showdown is OFF.
The Cromer boxer was due to face Jazza Dickens in the featherweight showdown on Wednesday night, with the lure of a world title shot for the winner.
But Dickens and trainer Derry Matthews have both returned positive Covid-19 tests.
In a statement, MTK said: “Following the results of the COVID-19 testing, the fight between Jazza Dickens and Ryan Walsh has unfortunately been postponed due to positive tests for Dickens and his trainer Derry Mathews.
“All health and safety protocols regarding social distancing were followed in relation to the guidelines put in place by the British Boxing Board of Control, with no other fighters on the bill testing positive.
You may also want to watch:
“MTK Global will continue to monitor the situation as the health and wellbeing of all involved is our utmost priority.
“Dickens and his team have immediately left the fight bubble, with the show proceeding with the remaining five fights on the card.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 5 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 8 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
“Tyrone McKenna goes up against Ohara Davies in the #GoldenContract super-lightweight final, Serge Michel and Liam Conroy meet in the #GoldenContract light-heavyweight semi-final, Steven Ward steps up to cruiserweight to face Jone Volau, Ben Fail makes his professional debut against Robbie Chapman, and William Hamilton fights Genadij Krajevskij.
“News on a rescheduled date for the fight between Dickens and Walsh will be announced in due course.”